How to Make Screen Capture Videos
It's easy to make a snapshot of your PC's screen, or of any running
application. Just press Shift + PrtSc or Alt + PrtSc. Screen images
are helpful for all kinds of tasks, but they are nothing like having
a Screen Capture Video, or "screencast". This article
shows you how easy it is to make screen capture videos using Replay
Screencast from Applian Technologies
Heck - why read an article? Here's
a screencast about... Replay Screencast.
Well, if you're still more comfortable with print, here's how to
make screen capture videos:
Replay Screencast makes it easy to record from any Window on your desktop.
Here's how to do it:
and install Replay Screencast.
- Open Replay Screencast - it appears like this:
- Click Settings. The Settings dialog appears:
- Select Video Recording Window.
- Choose the application you want to record.
- If you want to narrate while recording, choose Mic or Microphone
as your Audio Recording Line.
- Click OK.
- Click Record.
- Wait 2 seconds until Replay Screencast's status shows "Recording,"
as shown here:
- Start interacting with the program you're recording.
- Click Stop when you're done.
Note: If image does not appear while running a video player, you will
need to set the hardware acceleration to NONE in the display setting
under the control panel in your operating system.
Recording a Screen Region
You can also record from a rectangular region on your PC's screen.
This is useful if you want to record a part of an applications Window,
your entire desktop, or multiple applications.
To set up a screen region to record from:
- Click Settings.
- Select Screen Region.
- With your mouse, drag the bulls eye
to the top-left corner of the region.
- Release the mouse button, then drag to the bottom-right corner of
the region to record from.
- Release the mouse button, and right -click. The screen coordinates
of the region are entered into the Settings dialog.
- Click OK.
- Record your video as explained above.
Products mentioned in this article: