How to Record RTMP and HTTP Streaming Flash Video and Audio
Up until recently it wasn't possible to record most RTMP or HTTP Streaming Flash Video or MP3 Audio used by sites like ABC.com, MySpace, Sony/BMG, YouTube and thousands of others. Thanks to Replay Media Catcher, a new, easy to use streaming Flash recorder, it now is possible. (Note: As of January 28, 2009, any new installation of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures.)
Here's how to capture RTMP and HTTP Streaming Flash Videos and MP3s:
- Go grab a copy of Replay Media Catcher
from Applian Technologies.
- Open Replay Media Catcher. It appears like this:
- Click the "Start Recording" button and play the video you want to record. The screen will look like this:
- Replay Media Catcher will record all the streaming Flash video and streaming MP3 on the site. Additionally, Replay Media Catcher can record multiple streams simultaneously. So just load the stream you want to capture, start playing it and once Replay Media Catcher starts recording you can move on to another stream and start playing that too.
- Once your video is recorded you can watch it in the included Flash™ Video player. Just highlight the video you want to play and go to the Transfer menu and click on "Play Media" like this:
Your video will appear like this:
It's so easy.
- You can rename your recordings just by clicking on "Rename" under the Transfer menu.
That's all there is to it.
If you would like to Learn More:
Click here to learn more about capturing RTMP/HTTP streaming flash files with Replay Media Catcher